Thursday 15 March 2007

The joy of a forum

A lot of people reside behind their comps to relax and socialize. Some enjoy the company of other people in an instant message conversation, while others play games like World of Warcraft. Personally, I love to visit sites where you can post comments, make threads, play some games or just read random amusing nonsense.

A good example of such a site is
Gaia online. It is a site based around anime. Yes, anime. Do not be discouraged if you are not into anime. There are a lot of topics and subjects and for everyone at least something they like. You can discuss serious subjects on the debate forums. Have a go at roleplaying as a vampire or make a puzzle. A reward is given for every action or post you make. This is in the form of a currency. It is virtual currency of course. This ‘money’ can be used to gain items by buying them on the marketplace or trading in one of the many threads.

Another good waste of time is
Zantarni. This is a site much similar to Gaia online. The biggest difference with the first is that it does not have a lot of spammers and random posters. Zantarni has less visitors. It does not have the nice graphics like Gaia, but it has it’s positive traits. The site gives a more familiar feeling to it all. The thing is that Gaia, because of it’s immense userbase, makes you feel lost and alone in a big new virtual world. Making new friends would be difficult for a newbie, because of the acquired status of the older users. Zantarni is new and does not have such an upper clash yet. I must add that there are still problems on the Zantarni site. One of those problems has been a glitch. It produced a lot of virtual money and caused the economy of Zantarni to crash (Yes, like in the real world.). That combined with the sudden ‘missing in action’ of the administrator made some users quite angry. A lot of people have left the site because of all this. Even I have not been on it for a while. But it seems that the site is steadily rebuilding itself with some new members in the staff.

The last site that caught my eye is
Menewsha. It is still under heavy testing and in Alpha phase. You can register yourself and post on the forum. They have a lot of items already, but for now not a site that is on the same level as the two previous ones. I hope that will change. It has quite the potential to grow into a big forum based game like Gaia.
The reason for me posting this bit of jibberish is because I have been asked to join the staff of a similar gamesite. It is still work in progress. I do not even know if I will stay with them, because I am always doing other things. The pixelart is quite remarkable and the people are very friendly. So for now something you definitely have to visit in the future.
For the people who are interested in joining one of these games:
I can refer you for the two first ones. The third had to take down the referral system, because some users were abusing it. You get extra gold on Gaia, if I refer you. On Zantarni it is the opposite. I will get 100 gold for referring you, but I will give it to you of course.
Do not hessitate to add me on Gaia online or Zantarni. I do not know if Menewsha has the feature to add friends. I will just add it also. Please personal message me on the sites, because I will not add you if I think you are a random person. Just tell me you visited this blog.

My usernames:
Achaia Crucifix (Gaia online)
Achaia (Zantarni)
Jade Crucifix (Menewsha)

(I made my first post! Yay! )

No comments: